Fees & Payment Methods
I am committed to providing effective services at a reasonable cost. I also believe that it is important that my clients understand the fees and the process of payment.
- Fees can be subsidized for those unable to meet the full costs of counseling. A number of sliding-scale openings may be available, based on client need and clinician availability.
- The standard fee is $100 per session. A session is typically 50 minutes.
- Full payment is due at the beginning of each session.
- Personal checks, cash, credit and debit cards are accepted.
- Cancellation or rescheduling requires a 24-hour notice. This session time is reserved for you, so failure to notify your therapist will result in a full-fee charge unless it is an emergency.
Many people look only for therapists approved by their insurance plans. I’ve had clients leave my practice, go to a “cheaper” therapist on their plan, and reappear in my waiting room a few months later.
I do not accept insurance directly, but will support you with the appropriate paperwork to collect reimbursement from your insurance company. Some insurance companies will pay a substantial amount for your therapy, some will pay a little, and some will pay nothing at all. I encourage you to look into your coverage detail and be prepared to pay in full until any reimbursement is filed. Please call me if you have any questions.